Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Trip to Cam Sur (April 9, 10 & 11)


















I am excited to tell about this very special trip of mine; actually it’s my first time to be in Bicol. The 97th convention for the churches of Christ ministry was a week before my graduation. After all the superstitious conversation with my mother, nothing stops us (thanks to my sister niña and anna for the support).

Actually I am not so prepared with my video presentation and I’m a little bit worried about the fact of going to a place that I’m not familiar with the peoples language (because I don’t know how to speak Bicolano, what If we get lost? Hehe) but still, I am excited. The trip was long, long that it seems for me to feel kind of woozy, but as I look at the window to see the panoramic view of the trees, beaches, farm (ville ^_^) and mountains - I felt so overwhelm.

As we came at the Cam Sur, we rode a pedicab that looks kinda different, it has a passenger seats for ten persons (cool hehe). The venue was at the convention hall of Cam Sur Watersports Complex or CWC, my friend accompanied us as we arrive there @ 3pm. I’m so glad to see hundreds of delegates that came from different part of our country. It’s good to see some friends that I’ve known in Laguna and Manila.

The Cam Sur Watersports Complex Park is near at the back of the wooden cabin near the convention hall, this is where the people do wakeboarding and waterskiing. CWC Park has a cable ski system, grand stand, restaurants, shops, sand bars and sederas. How I wish that I could learn how to do wakeboarding, whoa how cool. So with the beautiful amenities there, taking a lot of pictures was a great thing to do. We slept at the cute wooden cabin. Being there refreshes our mind and soul that’s why everybody enjoyed the place. I spend a sleepless night that day preparing for the presentation. A little editing in my AE project and all goes well done.

Everybody was really happy and excited. Some of the local churches representatives have showcased their talents in singing, dancing and playing different kinds instruments giving praise to the God. That day was the release of the book souvenir of the 97th convention and I am happy to see myself at the back cover of it, advertising the Christian Camp in Pagsanjan. My friend was the one who think for the concept and I’m the one who made the advertisement for the book cover. I’m delighted to see the output done.

On the night of April 10 9pm, it was the time that we came out for the video presentation introducing the official website of COC. Me and my partner do the honour to stand at the stage and introduce ourselves as the maker and administrator of the site. After we spoke in the convention, they congratulate us. One asks for how much but actually we don’t ask for it because it was our gift for them and being part of the show was already a credit. I felt like I was blessed with compliment. After the show ended, we took time to explore more of the CWC Park and enjoyed taking pictures with my friends.

April 11 - time for Sunday service and this is the last day of the convention. I took time to bid goodbye to my friends and elders. Me and my sister was actually looking forward to see the Mount Mayon but if we do that beause we’re going to run out of time going back home and so we skip doing it.

At SM naga, me and my sister shopped for clothes and pasalubong. I bought my graduation dress and CWC shirts. At the terminal we bought pili tarts, native slipper, keychain and wallet from Bicol. Later part was another long travel back home. Blissfully I look at the pictures of my best trip ever in Cam Sur.

No comments:

Post a Comment